Financieel Dagblad titel: 'We zijn honderden jaren van verlichting en kritisch denken aan het uitroeien’Door: Marco VlotDatum: 30 juli 2021 Financieel Dagblad ondertitel / samenvatting:De Canadese hoogleraar Gad Saad strijdt tegen wat hij ‘idea pathogens’ noemt: gevaarlijke ideeën die zich als een virus in iemands brein nestelen en leiden tot uitsluiting,...
23 Apr, 2021
This article (see below) came as a blessing as I was already considering writing on this topic. After reading, one should wonder what came first: such articles OR the “conspiracy theory magnet” as mentioned in this article? It feels like another chicken-egg dilemma.This article is another example of arrogance versus ignorance (my blogs). Apparently,...
17 Jul, 2020
When dating, you often get the question: "What are you looking for in your partner?" The article below claims that our answers are not necessarily true and/or complete. We often say the things (of which we assume that) the other person wants to hear these (eg, funny, attractive, inquisitive, kind). This might be labelled as dating - or "political"...
19 Dec, 2019
Recently, my son (21) made an interesting comment: "All media are liberal-left". I agree with him. It's very difficult finding serious conservative-right media. I think, feel and believe that bipartisanship and subsequent polarisation have caused a vacuum at the conservative-right, which was filled by populist, nationalist, or extremist media....
17 Sep, 2019
This Sunday, I had an epiphany: plausible deniability is the reason why extremism hides behind belief systems. A recent example was the news that Dutch salafist primary schools teach young children that killing "unbelievers" is a commendable deed. The school is protected by the Dutch Constitution that guarantees freedom of religious education. A very different...
22 Jul, 2019
Trump's factually incorrect remark about 4 newly elected Democratic firebrands has been labelled as "racist" in a resolution adopted by the Democratic majority of the U.S. House of Representatives (eg, Guardian). It's unclear to me how you can label Trump's highly provocative and factually incorrect remarks as racist, unless you start stretching...
- Study challenges evolutionary theory that DNA mutations are random
- An Ancient Greek Astronomical Calculation Machine Reveals New Secrets (Scientific American)
- ‘We conclude’ or ‘I believe?’ Study finds rationality declined decades ago (Phys)
- From pandemic to endemic
- How did we get so far??
- Stagflation versus inflation
- The positive power of negativity
- Our notion of Time
- China Makes a Risky Bet on Olympic Victory Over Covid (Bloomberg)
- Supernovae and life on Earth appear closely connected (Phys)
- Common sense, ignorance, stupidity and wisdom
- The big-small principle
- Interconnectedness (4)
- Does the end justify the means?
- China’s smallest firms failing at historic pace as 4.37 million close up shop and registrations plummet (SCMP)
- The opposite of the Greater Good theory
- Is there a problem??
- What exactly is the problem?
- Are viruses responsible for convergent evolution?