In 2004, the Swedish journalist and writer Stieg Larsson died at the age of 50. His estate included 3 unpublished novels. In 2005, his first novel was published: Men who hate women. One could summarize this book as follows: men who hate women for their power (not) to give what men want, and women who hate men for their power to take what men want. About a week ago,...
28 Sep, 2018
The confirmation of a US Supreme Court judge is being delayed because of rape accusations. The 45th President stated that these accusations are a con game by Democrats. Trump admits, however, that his defense of this judge is related to many similar accusations at him (CNN). At the same time, a 1980s TV hero was sentenced to 3-10 years in prison for similar...
- Inflation Is Good for You (the Intercept)
- There is no easy escape from the global debt trap (FT)
- Democracy slipping away at record rate, intergovernmental body warns (Reuters)
- From “are you being served?” to “will you be served?”
- The law of supply and demand in hospitals
- The law of supply and demand
- Who is to blame for hospital demand exceeding supply?
- The EU Bankrolled a Rebellion That Threatens to Tear It Apart (Bloomberg)
- ‘We doen te lacherig over snurken. Het is een onderschat relatieprobleem’ (de Standaard)
- We moeten ons afvragen: wat betekent ‘2G’ voor de democratie? (NRC)
- Go with the flow
- Democrats getting undemocratic and liberals getting illiberal
- Why our egocentrism is the source of our stupidity
- Dutch PM: “What more can I do??”
- You bring out the worst in me
- What is “gain-of-function” research? (the Economist)
- Truckers warn ‘disastrous’ mandate will worsen supply chain chaos (WE)
- The 3 roads to Wisdom (2)
- Where indifference is bliss, solutions are near
- How can something be so right AND so wrong?