Some time ago, I noticed a Dutch article on a 2019 book by psychologist Roy Baumeister and journalist John Tierney: The Power of Bad: How the Negativity Effect Rules Us and How We Can Rule It (publisher). The book is recommended by psychologist Martin Seligman, a guru on positive psychology (eg, my 2015 blog). In 2014, I started writing for my blog. Those short...
13 Jan, 2022
Last weekend, I asked her whether she was self-sabotaging us. She said no. I asked if she was sure about that. She started doubting but still declined. I recall that I was self-sabotaging in my past and I thought that I recognised that behaviour in her. It doesn't really matter anymore as the damage is beyond repair. In my view, self-sabotaging is a conflict between...
11 Jan, 2022
My recent blog, the connection that men and women are looking for, made me wonder about connections (eg, how, what). In my view, everything is connected; a.k.a. interconnectedness. A micro perspective may refer to the Third Law of Motion by Isaac Newton: "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" (source). A macro perspective on interconnectedness...
7 Jan, 2022
Wednesday night, my potential significant other and I had another great conversation during which she stated: "Is there a problem??" I realised at once her words had a bearing on Thursday's blog: What exactly is the problem? I laughed out loud following her wise words. I should have realised this. My (dating) problem, if any, is time and space related: I can find...
4 Jan, 2022
Don't get me wrong: I like my solitude. Perhaps, I even love my solitude. However, to paraphrase Dutch soccer player Johan Cruijff's saying: Every advantage has its own disadvantage. The downside of solitude is that there is no distraction for the doubts and fears inside your mind (my blogs). Recently, a former girlfriend said to me that I've been alone for too...
26 Dec, 2021
Papaoutai (2013) by Stromaeartist, lyrics, lyrics-FR, video, Wiki-1, Wiki-2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiKj0Z_Xnjc [Verse 1]Tell me where he comes fromAt last I’ll know where to goMommy says that when you look hardYou always find somethingShe says he’s never very far awayHe leaves very often for workMommy says, “Working is good”Better than being in bad...
- Stagflation versus inflation
- The positive power of negativity
- Our notion of Time
- China Makes a Risky Bet on Olympic Victory Over Covid (Bloomberg)
- Supernovae and life on Earth appear closely connected (Phys)
- Common sense, ignorance, stupidity and wisdom
- The big-small principle
- Interconnectedness (4)
- Does the end justify the means?
- China’s smallest firms failing at historic pace as 4.37 million close up shop and registrations plummet (SCMP)
- The opposite of the Greater Good theory
- Is there a problem??
- What exactly is the problem?
- Are viruses responsible for convergent evolution?
- The downside of solitude
- The connection that men and women are looking for
- Ic-arts bij Op1 kritisch over harde lockdown: ‘Er komen niet duizenden op ic’
- New Year’s Day
- 2021 Conceptual Framework