At last Friday's press conference, the Dutch PM asked his citizens: "What more can I do??" His pathetic remark triggered me to prepare a response. I've little to no confidence that it will change anything. I do hope that my response will embolden my readers into thinking: "Yesssss, I'm not alone in my view". Please find below my alternative plan for a Covid-19...
6 Jul, 2021
While editing my July 1 blog, I discovered the flow model by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. It combines several of my topics: Boredom, Control, Doubt (worry), Fear (anxiety), and Flow. Arousal is covered by my blogs on Love and on lust. Relaxation is covered in my blogs on happiness & satisfaction, and confident humility. Until my July 1 blog, I had never written...
17 May, 2021
Mahatma Gandhi once stated: "God has no religion". I couldn't agree more. The notion that there would be more than one deity is preposterous. I'm not sure that my omnism qualifies as being religious. I have faith though, lots of it. I believe there's a force of Good and a force of Evil. Our consciousness and/or our Soul connect us to those forces. I...
12 Feb, 2016
In my 12 March 2015 blog I introduced the terms (un)known (un)knowns which terms I borrowed from Nassim Nicholas Taleb's 2001 book 'Fooled By Randomness' (PDF). I used these terms to explain the differences between human and artificial intelligence. See graphic below. Initially, artificial intelligence (AI) only covered the area of 'known knowns' (facts). Nowadays...
12 Mar, 2015
People believe in certain things like money, philosophy, politics, religion, science and the truth. This list may not even be exhaustive. It took me a while to collect these 6 items as this topic - belief systems - is rather controversial. Each individual items has an extreme version in real life as any belief is subject to extremism. Money was not...
- Obstacles inspire to bigger thinking
- Are we wasting a good crisis?
- Humans Are Doomed to Go Extinct (Scientific American)
- Single Cells Evolve Large Multicellular Forms in Just Two Years (Quanta)
- Life Is Complicated—Literally, Astrobiologists Say (Scientific American)
- Let’s work together
- Love has no doubt
- The opposite of love is indifference, not hate
- Faith is Love, Religion is Power, Knowledge explains the difference
- Inflation Is Good for You (the Intercept)
- There is no easy escape from the global debt trap (FT)
- Democracy slipping away at record rate, intergovernmental body warns (Reuters)
- From “are you being served?” to “will you be served?”
- The law of supply and demand in hospitals
- The law of supply and demand
- Who is to blame for hospital demand exceeding supply?
- The EU Bankrolled a Rebellion That Threatens to Tear It Apart (Bloomberg)
- ‘We doen te lacherig over snurken. Het is een onderschat relatieprobleem’ (de Standaard)
- We moeten ons afvragen: wat betekent ‘2G’ voor de democratie? (NRC)
- Go with the flow