Axios title: The labor shortage is a health problemBy: Felix SalmonDate: 13 December 2021 "Almost half of unemployed Americans say health issues are the primary reason they're not working, according to new survey data from McKinsey, shared exclusively with Axios. Why it matters: If one of the key drivers of the labor shortage is Americans' physical and mental...
18 Dec, 2021
Introduction and update LO: Similar measures have been taken in U.S. public transport (eg, U.S. passenger railroad Amtrak suspends vaccine mandate for employees) in order to avoid to " needing to temporarily reduce some train frequencies across our network". Update Washington Post: "A federal appeals court on Friday reinstated the Biden...
12 Dec, 2021
The Telegraph title: The public has turned against the excesses of the lockdown fanaticsThe Telegraph subtitle: Scepticism about the tightening ratchet of restrictions has quietly begun to go mainstreamAuthor: Liam HalliganDate: 5 December 2021 "This time last year, Professor Neil Ferguson observed how China’s draconian anti-Covid restrictions had influenced the...
27 Nov, 2021
Reuters title: Democracy slipping away at record rate, intergovernmental body warnsDate: 22 November 2021 "BRUSSELS, Nov 22 (Reuters) - A greater number of countries are sliding towards authoritarianism, while the number of established democracies under threat has never been so high, the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA) said on...
25 Nov, 2021
We are headed for a Code Black scenario in the Netherlands, in which normal healthcare (eg, cancer patients) is minimized or even turned down in favour of corona patients. The blame game is about the demand for hospital beds (eg, unvaccinated people). Rarely, the supply side is mentioned in this blame game. Please take a look at this diagram that I prepared for this...
23 Nov, 2021
Recently, a friend posted a diagram indicating that the group of hospitalized people now includes unvaccinated and (fully) vaccinated people. This applies to several countries. This is weird as vaccines should prevent hospitalization. I got curious as to the How, What, Who & Why. A recent WebMD article claims the (American) breakthrough cases are in need for a...
- Stagflation versus inflation
- The positive power of negativity
- Our notion of Time
- China Makes a Risky Bet on Olympic Victory Over Covid (Bloomberg)
- Supernovae and life on Earth appear closely connected (Phys)
- Common sense, ignorance, stupidity and wisdom
- The big-small principle
- Interconnectedness (4)
- Does the end justify the means?
- China’s smallest firms failing at historic pace as 4.37 million close up shop and registrations plummet (SCMP)
- The opposite of the Greater Good theory
- Is there a problem??
- What exactly is the problem?
- Are viruses responsible for convergent evolution?
- The downside of solitude
- The connection that men and women are looking for
- Ic-arts bij Op1 kritisch over harde lockdown: ‘Er komen niet duizenden op ic’
- New Year’s Day
- 2021 Conceptual Framework