Last weekend, I received a question: why is sex not part of my concept of the 7 Belief systems? A very interesting question of which I’m not sure that it crossed my mind in 2015. Actually, Love was the 7th and last belief that I defined (my April 2015 blog). It's important to realize that the word sex quite often implies lust and the absence of (romantic) love....
Giving vs taking
18 Aug, 2021
In 2004, the Swedish journalist and writer Stieg Larsson died at the age of 50. His estate included 3 unpublished novels. In 2005, his first novel was published: Men who hate women. One could summarize this book as follows: men who hate women for their power (not) to give what men want, and women who hate men for their power to take what men want. About a week ago,...
30 Mar, 2021
During most of my career, I have put group interests above my personal interests. This is a main reason why I suffered a severe burn-out in 2013. I knew I was walking a tightrope and assumed that I would be able to stay within my safety zone. My calculation was wrong and I've never worked a single day since mid 2013. There's another way of looking at...
10 Mar, 2021
In October 2020, I wrote two blogs on Click. Bait. Fight. Regulate: part 1 and part 2. Recently, this topic returned to my mind. I've been wondering since whether this expression might be a cycle, representing Change. I think, feel and believe it is. This blog elaborates on my thinking.In a healthy relationship, there isn't much fighting. A new...
30 Jul, 2020
Today's society is characterized by dualism (eg, bipartisanship, knowledge vs power, Us vs Them). China is already migrating to monism. The concept of trialism is mostly forgotten and is represented by my concept of Love, Knowledge & Power (my blogs). Trialism is giving me a new perspective to several subjects that were once on my list of topics (eg,...
- Obstacles inspire to bigger thinking
- Are we wasting a good crisis?
- Humans Are Doomed to Go Extinct (Scientific American)
- Single Cells Evolve Large Multicellular Forms in Just Two Years (Quanta)
- Life Is Complicated—Literally, Astrobiologists Say (Scientific American)
- Let’s work together
- Love has no doubt
- The opposite of love is indifference, not hate
- Faith is Love, Religion is Power, Knowledge explains the difference
- Inflation Is Good for You (the Intercept)
- There is no easy escape from the global debt trap (FT)
- Democracy slipping away at record rate, intergovernmental body warns (Reuters)
- From “are you being served?” to “will you be served?”
- The law of supply and demand in hospitals
- The law of supply and demand
- Who is to blame for hospital demand exceeding supply?
- The EU Bankrolled a Rebellion That Threatens to Tear It Apart (Bloomberg)
- ‘We doen te lacherig over snurken. Het is een onderschat relatieprobleem’ (de Standaard)
- We moeten ons afvragen: wat betekent ‘2G’ voor de democratie? (NRC)
- Go with the flow