The big-small principle is my invention of many, many years ago. My principle works as follows: people who inflate their ego (eg, through arrogance) will often look petty and/or shallow in the eyes of others. Similarly, people who express humility to others, may appear impressive to those others. While the big part of my principle relates to arrogance, the small...
Focus vs perspective
11 Jan, 2022
My recent blog, the connection that men and women are looking for, made me wonder about connections (eg, how, what). In my view, everything is connected; a.k.a. interconnectedness. A micro perspective may refer to the Third Law of Motion by Isaac Newton: "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" (source). A macro perspective on interconnectedness...
7 Jan, 2022
Wednesday night, my potential significant other and I had another great conversation during which she stated: "Is there a problem??" I realised at once her words had a bearing on Thursday's blog: What exactly is the problem? I laughed out loud following her wise words. I should have realised this. My (dating) problem, if any, is time and space related: I can find...
4 Jan, 2022
Don't get me wrong: I like my solitude. Perhaps, I even love my solitude. However, to paraphrase Dutch soccer player Johan Cruijff's saying: Every advantage has its own disadvantage. The downside of solitude is that there is no distraction for the doubts and fears inside your mind (my blogs). Recently, a former girlfriend said to me that I've been alone for too...
3 Jan, 2022
Many female dating profiles state that they are looking for a 'connection'. This might just be the latest buzzword following 'soulmate'. Many women complain that men are just looking for a physical connection (ie, sex). A Dutch website argues that this female connection is related to a spiritual awakening. In my view, life and nature show three collective...
14 Dec, 2021
Nowadays, my love life feels like a revolving door. As soon as a Possibly Maybe disappears, the next one appears. I thought that this phenomenon might just be happening to me. I was wrong. A few days ago, a friend posted an excerpt from The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944): "Il y aura toujours une autre occasion, un autre ami, un autre amour,...
- Stagflation versus inflation
- The positive power of negativity
- Our notion of Time
- China Makes a Risky Bet on Olympic Victory Over Covid (Bloomberg)
- Supernovae and life on Earth appear closely connected (Phys)
- Common sense, ignorance, stupidity and wisdom
- The big-small principle
- Interconnectedness (4)
- Does the end justify the means?
- China’s smallest firms failing at historic pace as 4.37 million close up shop and registrations plummet (SCMP)
- The opposite of the Greater Good theory
- Is there a problem??
- What exactly is the problem?
- Are viruses responsible for convergent evolution?
- The downside of solitude
- The connection that men and women are looking for
- Ic-arts bij Op1 kritisch over harde lockdown: ‘Er komen niet duizenden op ic’
- New Year’s Day
- 2021 Conceptual Framework