Introduction by LO: This Big Think article could have been much better but it's still a useful introduction. In my view, this article is about panpsychism, or universal and decentralized consciousness. Information is the metric throughout my diagram below, which is part of my 30 July 2021 blog. Big Think title: Why information is central to physics and the universe...
30 Jul, 2021
Something weird just happened to me. I felt that something embarrassing would happen in the next few seconds and it indeed did. How should you label such an experience? Such a known unknown would imply intuition, one of the 4 levels within our consciousness (see my 2017 blog). Would this make intuition a short-term clairvoyance? What does such an event even imply?...
18 Jan, 2021
Recently, I noticed a diagram on LinkedIn that I want to share with you. It's known as the Data- Information-Knowledge-Wisdom (DIKW) model or pyramid. This diagram has many fathers (eg, Jay Liebowitz-1999) but its origin is uncertain. Wiki: " many authors agreed that DIKW, at least IKW, originated from the play The Rock by T. S. Eliot in 1934." Last Tuesday, I...
- Obstacles inspire to bigger thinking
- Are we wasting a good crisis?
- Humans Are Doomed to Go Extinct (Scientific American)
- Single Cells Evolve Large Multicellular Forms in Just Two Years (Quanta)
- Life Is Complicated—Literally, Astrobiologists Say (Scientific American)
- Let’s work together
- Love has no doubt
- The opposite of love is indifference, not hate
- Faith is Love, Religion is Power, Knowledge explains the difference
- Inflation Is Good for You (the Intercept)
- There is no easy escape from the global debt trap (FT)
- Democracy slipping away at record rate, intergovernmental body warns (Reuters)
- From “are you being served?” to “will you be served?”
- The law of supply and demand in hospitals
- The law of supply and demand
- Who is to blame for hospital demand exceeding supply?
- The EU Bankrolled a Rebellion That Threatens to Tear It Apart (Bloomberg)
- ‘We doen te lacherig over snurken. Het is een onderschat relatieprobleem’ (de Standaard)
- We moeten ons afvragen: wat betekent ‘2G’ voor de democratie? (NRC)
- Go with the flow