Occasionally, I said those words to myself but my words lacked subsequent actions and even intentions. See my blogs on deeds, words & intentions. Often, our words are empty and a cry for attention. I get worried when there are no such words while deeds express an après moi, le déluge, like Putin’s invasion.
“Putin ‘is suffering ‘roid rage from steroid treatment for cancer’: Western spies believe his ‘increasingly erratic’ behaviour, bloated appearance and absurd social distancing for visitors is a result of medical treatment”. Daily Mail, 12 March 2022. Note: URL in quote by me.
Moreover, negotiations usually only start when one party expects it may lose. Hence, premature negotiation efforts will often backfire.
It could well be argued that Putin’s invasion of Ukraine is his cry for attention. Europe and USA never took his words seriously. This makes perfect sense as both are living in another world; also see song below.
For decades, I have lived with someone who lives in another world. That world is one of reverse psychology and (psychological) projection onto others (eg, me). See my blogs on this topic. Putin is another master manipulator (eg, the Conversation, EurActiv, the Guardian, RFERL). Counterforce saved me.
I think, feel and believe that Putin does not care anymore what happens to him, Russia, Ukraine, Xi, or the World. In his view, he will go down as a martyr, someone who sacrificed his life for his beliefs. History books are likely to paint a very, very different picture of him
Some interesting “I don’t care” quotes:
- “I don’t care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.” Groucho Marx
- “I don’t care what anyone says. Being rich is a good thing.” Mark Cuban
- “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.” Haruki Murakami
- “Oscar Wilde: ‘Do you mind if I smoke?’ Sarah Bernhardt: ‘I don’t care if you burn.’ ” Sarah Bernhardt
- “I don’t care how busy I am – I will always make time for what’s most important to me.” Kevin Hart
I see people crying
Truth gets harder
There’s no sense in lying
Note: all markings (bold, italic, underlining) by LO unless in quotes or stated otherwise.