My title is my paraphrase of the 1932-33 Serenity Prayer (my 2019 blog): “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”
“Faith is love” is my reference to one of the ancient Greek words for love: divine love or agape. It even touches upon the essence of the word Yahweh, according to a former Dutch priest who taught religion at my high school: “I am here for you”. Others claim that Yahweh means I Am that I Am. I prefer the former.
Ever since the 21st century, religion is declining at a record pace. Probably, the many scandals are a reason for the acceleration of the decline. I’m fine with that. I’m an omnist anyway. My primary focus is on the Sumerian religious beliefs and on Abraham, a black-headed (rather than white) Sumerian.
During my years of research, some of my beliefs were shaken to their core. Today, I’m convinced that Black Jesus (a descendant of Abraham) is not a myth but (whitewashed) history. Please have a look at my blogs on Sumeria, and in particular these:
– A Sumerian tale starting 25,000 years ago (9) (2019)
– Sumerian King List and Genesis (2) – YHWH (2018)
– The Sumerian King List and Genesis (2018)
– The Sumerian civilization (8) and the prophet Muhammad (2017)
– Sumerian civilization (6): black curse and whitewashing (2017)
– The Sumerian civilization (3) – 50,000 years ago (2017)
– The Sumerian civilization (2) and the Old Testament (2017)
– The Sumerian civilization (1) (2017)
– Civilizations before 4,000 BC and Black Death (2017).
It makes sense that Religion and Science have a difficult relationship because the former is/was in the Power domain and the latter in the Knowledge domain of the 7 Belief systems (2015 original and 2019 update). In my view, both supplement each other, however.
More and more, science is being politicized (eg, ABA, ACS, Keough, Nature, Wiki) and dragged into the Power domain. Even that makes sense as we are migrating from centuries of dualism towards an era of monism, in which everything is subordinated to Power (ie, Love and Knowledge).
I comfort myself with a line from Sonny Kapoor:
“Everything will be all right in the end. If it’s not all right then it’s not yet the end.”Dev Patel (a.k.a. Sonny Kapoor) in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011, IMDb)
Note: all markings (bold, italic, underlining) by LO unless stated otherwise.